TV and radio personalities like Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD) and John Germain have left EIB Network, the owners of GHOne TV and Starr FM, is generating a lot of controversies.
KOD and Jon worked with the EIB in the last five years and were presenters on Starr FM until they announced their exit.
Their exit follows earlier claims that several others have left the media organisation over salary allegations.
Announcing their exit on Saturday, KOD and Jon were thankful to have worked at EIB and said they’ve parted ways with the company.
“After 5 straight years at EIB, we mutually parted company last Thursday. It’s been 5 awesome years with an amazing family. From Live FM, my love child as head of events & host of 360 Live (I truly enjoyed my days at Live with the youngsters) & later moving to Starr to host the Zone & Starr Dive, it’s been a fabulous learning curve,” KOD wrote on Facebook.
I’m indebted to the Duffour family, my brother & friend Bola Ray (since our mid-teens), Von, gorgeous Emaline, Jeffrey De Gea (who walked me through a lot), Miss Nancy Adobea Anane & my fav marketing & sales family…. our daily KOD tales ( Selassie Tettey Kekeli Gloria Hogba)….. and the last year with my old friend, the gorgeous Cookie & DJ Vyrusky on Starr Drive, it’s been an awesome trip. I want to say thanks to the EIB family for believing my capabilities & the fab times. A break from radio is in order after 24 years right? From Monday, you can catch me at NINETEEN57 off the Oxford Street from 10am. May God bless us all,” he added.
Jon Germain also wrote, “I am happy to announce that after 5 years and 9 months of being with STARR FM & the EIB family, we have decided to mutually part ways. I’d like to thank everyone who worked with me from the Drop off to The Zone… And everyone who tuned in to my shows. All the best.”
However, Peace FM presenter Kwasi Aboagye alleged on his show that both personalities were rather sacked.
“The information I have is that due to the salary issues at EIB, KOD and Jon Germain formed a group with other staff. The reason was to demonstrate over their salaries and someone took a screenshot. They were planning a coup against Bola Ray and the other leaders at EIB so it was during those discussions that someone took a screenshot and sent it to Bola Ray.”
“So, Bola decided to sack them after seeing the screenshots. They hurriedly came to announce their resignation before their sacking was announced. They were sacked,” he reportedly said on The Entertainment Review on Saturday.
Effort to speak with Bola Ray on Sunday to confirm or deny the claims proved rather futile, as he didn’t respond to several calls placed to his phone.
Meanwhile, sources close to the station told NEWS-ONE that apart from KOD and Jon, others have also exited EIB. One other influential DJ on Starr FM has also left, but the source did not confirm whether they were sacked or not.
Although KOD has left EIB, he has a show which will start airing on GHOne TV very soon.
Latest reports also alleged that EIB’s Live FM has been sold over salary issues.